Thursday, January 12, 2023

I can’t imagine how bad I would feel like mentally and physically if I didn’t train Tae Kwon Do at least once a week.

Early this week, sent out an anonymous survey to my Tae Kwon Do students at the Dragon Gym in Exton, PA.  Here's what one of them had to say about the physical and mental benefits of the training: 

I can’t fathom the mental and physical state I would find myself in without consistent workouts. I never realized how valuable goal-oriented training was until I had to test for it. It wasn’t just about blindly punching and kicking my way through a dojang, it was so much more than that. The sense of achievement after successfully passing each level of examination was significant. 

In addition to helping with my concentration, Tae Kwon Do has improved my strength and balance tremendously. Just by attending weekly classes and completing each move or technique correctly, I have seen a huge difference in my physicality. With precise precision, my co-ordination has also been significantly heightened. Even though practice doesn’t necessarily make perfect, practicing regularly certainly helps improve one’s performance over time. 

That being said, one of the many advantages of training in Tae Kwon Do are the life lessons learned within each class. Self-discipline and respect for oneself as well as for others are only some of the traditional values instilled within students at varying levels throughout their journey. Of course there’s more to it than just turning up to class every week; there are different poomsae or forms which must be perfected before tests are taken and knowledge of martial arts history is tested to ensure understanding on how these techniques were developed since ancient times. 

By learning Tae Kwon Do and using it as an exercise routine, not only am I able to physically challenge myself but also mentally challenge myself too by pushing myself out of my comfort zone - something which wouldn't normally occur in other forms of fitness regimes such as aerobics or Pilates - unless those activities come with similar goal setting requirements that often accompany certification processes like in Tae Kwon Do! 

Although testing is an inevitable part of any martial art training program, there is a large benefit that comes from regular practice and dedication no matter what belt level you achieve; personal growth on all levels including physical, mental & spiritual attunement with yourself & your surroundings! This self exploration is something that should never be underestimated; if you don't train at least once a week you will miss out on all its benefits!

Wow!  I hope you find this as inspiring as I did, and you'll join us at the Dragon Gym! 

No comments:

Post a Comment